‘Visions’ are the young person’s drug and alcohol service for the London Borough of Hounslow. We work with young people aged up to 18 years of age, for those who may need support where the use of drugs or alcohol have impacted on their lives.
We are an outreach service offering appointments, wherever the young person feels comfortable for us to meet, this could be at school, collage or at home. Our approach is non judgemental, offering support which is appropriate to where the young person's needs have been identified.
We are working in partnership with Cranstoun who, since 1969 has been making life better for those affected by alcohol and drugs. Our skilled and compassionate people work closely with young people and their families to change and save lives. We actively involve those we help in improving our services.
Confidentiality All aspects of confidentiality are discussed with the young person during their first contact with us. We work together with other key agencies in the borough that the young person is either, or may need to be, engaged with.
Equal Opportunities This service is for all young people under the age of 18 who live in the borough of Hounslow. We do not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of gender, race, sexuality, nationality, religious beliefs or disability. We actively promote equality and diversity in all our work.
The service offers training for professionals:
- Screening and identification processes
- Motivational training
- General awareness and education around drugs and alcohol
The service offers young people:
- Relevant and age-and-culturally-appropriate
- Harm reduction advice
- One to one support
- Outreach to where the young person feels comfortable to meet.
- Group support
- Drop in support
Engagement with the service is voluntary and is based on the young person’s informed consent.
We can help:
- Young people who want honest advice and information on drugs and alcohol.
- Young people who are using drugs and alcohol
- Young people who are involved in criminal activity or at risk of becoming involved in criminal activity as a result of drug and alcohol use
- Young people who are using drug and alcohol who may be at risk of developing problems and dependencies
- Young people who are affected by drug and alcohol use within their family
How to refer to Visions
Professionals can refer to the service by completing the referral form. Referrals can also be made by contacting the service directly, providing consent has been obtained from the young person. Click here to download our referral form.
Self-referrals, or referrals from families/carers are always encouraged and can be made by contacting the service by telephone or email.
GET IN TOUCH
Telephone: 0208 583 6441